How to Save Energy at Work
- Ensure that employees/colleagues are only using lights when absolutely necessary. For example, only use lighting early in the mornings and late in the evenings.
- Use time switches and daylight sensors which help reduce energy usage and save money by switch off automatically at certain times.
- Use energy efficient lightbulbs. For instance, LED light bulbs and compact fluorescent products use around 80% less energy than standards light bulbs.
- Your IT equipment still uses energy even in standby mode. Make sure staff switch off all equipment before leaving or if it’s not being used.
- Close window blinds/curtains in the early evening or late afternoon to prevent night time heat loss.
- Fit automatic closures on external doors like fire doors to ensure none are left open resulting in heat unnecessary heat loss.
- Use energy saving features on items like monitors and printers to use less energy and save more money in the workplace.